Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Rainy day women

I ran out to Towpath today with my sister, she just couldn't wait to go back there and look around some more ! While I was there I decided it was time for me to clean out some old stock that had been there...well a little longer than it should have. Let me explain, there once was a time when I took it upon myself to be a 1 stop prim shop..meaning that I wanted to carry everything that anyone would ever want or need for their home decor...silly girl.
What I've learned is that when you purchase quantities of anything for the purpose to resell, you are usually going to get stuck with alot of stuff and that's exactly what has happened. I have this mish-mosh of small primitive decor pieces that cause me to ask myself "what was I thinking?".
So now since I'm on this "return to my roots" kick, I'm going back to the flea market gig.
Ahh yes,packing the truck with all my junk the night before so I don't have to do it at 4 am. arriving at the market with my coffee IV and manuvering my way through the maze of campers, pick-ups and other questionable vehicles to find that "perfect" spot. Setting up my wares using the most tasteful display methods , Shabby Chic's Rachel Ashwell herself would be so impressed ! Then dealing with the onslaught of folks from all walks of life for hours on end, in hopes of going home with an empty truck. Why on earth would anyone ever do that !!??
Because I love it, it's in the blood just as much as I enjoy my junking adventures I enjoy the flea market as well. I can remember when my parents retired, I was in high school and they decided to become junkers . I would have to get up with them at the unholiest of hours to get ready for the journey to who-knows -where and sit all day hoping to sell everything they've accumulated. I used to make remarks about us turning into some sort of circus family, now guess who's the head clown ? So maybe I'll be seeing you at a flea market this summer , be sure to bring sunscreen & wear comfy shoes !

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cheryl!! Hope you're keepin' cool in all this heat!! :O)

    Happy Monday!!
    Stace

    ReplyDelete